The academic program offered by our school is purely based on the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) curriculum. Our curriculum is framed to expose our students to the academic and non-academic subjects that will help them to see the connection between each subject and encourage them to use their knowledge effectively.
We focus on making learning holistic for our students so that it helps developing the mind, body and spirit and they feel self-empowered in the pursuit of excellence.
Right blends of Co curricular and Extra Curricular activities are offered to our students as per the norms.
Early Learning (Kindergarten Classes )
Our early year’s programmes features a combination of proven methods which help to became a confident leaner.
We concentrate on the following methods during this period.
- Montessori Methods : – This methods gives the young child to gain confidence and explore things. Slowly they gain confidence due to the in-depth understanding in learning. Montessori method has a great collection of tools and special equipments which helps the child to gain better understanding.
- Language Development : – Language is the key behind every learning activity. We use Jolly Phonics to introduce English to our children. This helps them to quickly understand the sounds and letters. Our training enables the child to start reading English without hustle. This is the vital step in learning a language which quickly expands towards comprehension, writing and grammar.
- Story Telling : – Story telling is another powerful tool used for teaching during this period. Every child is interested to listen to interesting stories which intern gives them huge insight about values and habits. This is a stress free method which has proven results in every ones learning experience. In addition, the child’s ability in language proficiency, confidence level and creativity is gets improvements of multiple folds by the help of this method.
- Activity based Learning : – This is another powerful method of learning which takes a more practical based approach in making the child learn the concepts. We have a good collection of activities and simple tasks which are designed to teach specific concepts to the children. These methods give deeper understanding for the child and boost his/her self confidence level. They feel the power of knowledge with the help of this method.
Middle Learning (Primary and Middle Classes)
The next stages of education are immensely important for every child, as it is here that the foundations of literacy, numeric reflection and thinking skills are laid down for the future. At WCS further to the methods used during the early learning we add the following techniques to nurture the child.
- Learner-centric Approach : We give students ample opportunity to explore their interests and cultivate unique strengths. We motivate the learning of the child through their choice of interest. This ensures a stress free but effective learning environment.
- Participative Practices : “When we do, We Learn”..!!! We ensure that every child is given ample opportunities to participate in various activities, projects and learning exercises conducted during the entire academic period.
- Competition with the Self : A child at WCS is always competing but not with others, rather this competition is with himself/herself. We always emphasize at learning right than learning fast. We do not let a child succumb to competition & rat race pressures, but we understand & respect that every child has his own optimal pace to learn. This results in a stress free environment where a child gets full freedom to grow individually.
- Preparation for life : Following the age-old wisdom that looks at education as preparation for life, students are groomed to become better human beings and not just pass examinations. A wide spectrum of programs including Current affairs, group tasking, Social responsibilities and caring the nature will be given to the children on a regular basis throughout the academic year.
- Field Visits : Field trips are being organised to offer an opening for students to get exposure to “real” people and events. Students will be taken to places of learning and to meet people, far, cultural and heritage environments. Each trip will be designed to open up a new opportunity of learning which will be further strengthened in their regular classes.
- Anywhere – Anytime Learning : A Unique approach used by us, WCS houses a special atrium in each academic building, aesthetically done with skylights and a glazed finish to enable infusion of natural light, making it a prominent place well suited for socializing and group learning. These atriums and other such informal spaces around the campus act as knowledge centres for students and faculty alike. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled so that students become aware from the outset that learning can and should be ‘Anywhere – Anytime’.
- Competitive Exams : Opportunities and training are provided to students to participate in prominent competitive exams like Olympiads by conducting special coaching sessions.
- Fun and Games : We encourage students to participate in sports activities for enjoyment, relaxation and exercise. Sports are positive aids to educational development and are imperative for formation of a sense of self-worth in an individual.
Higher Learning (Secondary Learning)
- Focus towards career : We promote extensive assistance to the learners to recognize their specific skills and interests and to prepare them to measure up to the larger demands of today’s workplaces/careers. Wide preparatory and foundation activities are being offered to bring their interest & attention towards IIT, MBBS, Engineering, Fashion Designing, Aero modelling etc. to get the best out of their interest, skills and talents.
- Strengthening the foundations : The school reinforces the learned concepts and helps the students to perform in a higher level through effective tools. The school adopts a 9-step technic to enhance and strengthen the foundation of the concepts taught.
- Engage : Project-Based Learning
- Connect : Integrated Studies
- Share : Cooperative Learning
- Expand : Comprehensive Assessment
- Coach : Intellectual and Emotional Guidance
- Adopt : Use of Latest Technology
- Reorganize : Finding Suitable Resources
- Involve : Parental involvement
- Include : Community Partners
- Exposure to opportunities : In White Clouds Schools, children are open to various accomplishments such as Music, Dance, Photography, NCC, JRC, Scouts & Guides etc. We design such events and activities which overlay the pathways to their future career in a generic way.
- Performance enhancement Programs : The school keenly identifies the interest & skill-set of each learner and design programmes to enhance the performance in subjects as well as co-curricular aspects.
- Social and Behavioural Counselling: Behavioural traits and perspectives on life influence their journey. So special care is taken to hone and nurture their social skills. This enables them to connect with different stages of society in a meaningful manner and achieve their highest potential
- Stress Free Preparations : Our teachers are well trained to identify how the classroom environments are affecting the students and are able to address them sensitively to overcome the issues. They surprise, have fun, praise and motivate the students to ensure that the learning process is stress-free.
- Personality enhancement opportunities : In our school we take full care to provide a nurturing environment and that inculcates good values and provides an opportunity to the child to develop a personality that will make him stand unique in the crowd. Our approach helps every child under its shade to be sufficiently competent to face the world. It concentrates on physical, mental and intellectual self of a child.
- Support on Extra and Co-curricular activities : We believe that the co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities enhance the time management skills, sense of commitment and responsibility and help the students to learn new useful skills for their future. Thus we provide extensive support for Extra and Co-curricular activities as per the demand and requirement of the learner.
- Sports and Games : Sports and Games play an important role in developing the personality of an individual. It inculcates a sense of discipline and companionship. It teaches an individual how to work in a team. We recognize the importance of sports in the development of personality and provide a wide range of facilities in sports & games.
- Professional and Leadership Qualities : We encourage students to work on team projects, through which they learn how to confront their ideas and resolve conflicts. In essence, they learn to collaborate and communicate. The practices that move learning toward that kind of cooperative mind-set fall under the terms professional, social and emotional learning. In fact these skills lead to an intelligent Leadership.