Middle Learning (Primary and Middle Classes)
The academic program offered by our school is purely based on the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) curriculum. Our curriculum is framed to expose our students to the academic and non-academic subjects that will help them to see the connection between each subject and encourage them to use their knowledge effectively.
The next stages of education are immensely important for every child, as it is here that the foundations of literacy, numeric reflection and thinking skills are laid down for the future. At WCS further to the methods used during the early learning we add the following techniques to nurture the child.
- Learner-centric Approach : We give students ample opportunity to explore their interests and cultivate unique strengths. We motivate the learning of the child through their choice of interest. This ensures a stress free but effective learning environment.
- Participative Practices : “When we do, We Learn”..!!! We ensure that every child is given ample opportunities to participate in various activities, projects and learning exercises conducted during the entire academic period.
- Competition with the Self : A child at WCS is always competing but not with others, rather this competition is with himself/herself. We always emphasize at learning right than learning fast. We do not let a child succumb to competition & rat race pressures, but we understand & respect that every child has his own optimal pace to learn. This results in a stress free environment where a child gets full freedom to grow individually.
- Preparation for life : Following the age-old wisdom that looks at education as preparation for life, students are groomed to become better human beings and not just pass examinations. A wide spectrum of programs including Current affairs, group tasking, Social responsibilities and caring the nature will be given to the children on a regular basis throughout the academic year.
- Field Visits : Field trips are being organised to offer an opening for students to get exposure to “real” people and events. Students will be taken to places of learning and to meet people, far, cultural and heritage environments. Each trip will be designed to open up a new opportunity of learning which will be further strengthened in their regular classes.
- Anywhere – Anytime Learning : A Unique approach used by us, WCS houses a special atrium in each academic building, aesthetically done with skylights and a glazed finish to enable infusion of natural light, making it a prominent place well suited for socializing and group learning. These atriums and other such informal spaces around the campus act as knowledge centres for students and faculty alike. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled so that students become aware from the outset that learning can and should be ‘Anywhere – Anytime’.
- Competitive Exams : Opportunities and training are provided to students to participate in prominent competitive exams like Olympiads by conducting special coaching sessions.
- Fun and Games : We encourage students to participate in sports activities for enjoyment, relaxation and exercise. Sports are positive aids to educational development and are imperative for formation of a sense of self-worth in an individual.